Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Mon, Feb 9

I never know what to expect, and Monday was no exception. He was obviously mentally drained from earlier in the day with his regular schooling and then tutoring for an hour right after classes let out.  Then I come along.
He does start by letting me know that he is excited about the homework. This is because homework included creating an arts and crafts box. A Valentine box to be exact. I was skeptical, and waited until later to confirm. Still, I let him know that we had to go over the answers he got wrong from Saturday and Sunday. 
He quickly tuned me out and did not respond to my questions with much else other than "huh?" I took another tactic after that and asked some important questions. He asked me, huh, again and I simply stared at him expectantly. He eventually asked politely "what did you say?" to which I ask why he didn't answer the question. The stories he had read from the previous day were no longer in his head, so reviewing the answers was pointless. We moved on.
Visitors came and he could not keep his mind on his tasks. It got worse when the visitors started playing music and practicing on the piano. He did manage to study his spelling words, but got one word copied down wrong three times. 
He asked to play, but I let him know that he probably would not be playing with his friends becase he kept wasting time.
Eventually we got downstairs to work on the Valentine box, and that's when the 2nd set of friends came by. It was late, and I had been there for nearly 3 hours. I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment